GTA 4 IV windows live login not working

downloaded and started playing GTA 4, but cannot save without windows live login(in offline mode none the less) went back did that, tracked down WL login details.. got the xbox details sorted too... double checked details for loging in at the game, but no, just no, why not? what other **** hoodle do I have to jump through for you windows? and community folks who are actual helpful able to help out here? windows just wants to **** me around here.

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

|

Assuming Win7 64-bit with Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) installed...

Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably without quoting my post:

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1b. Did Win7 64-bit come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it, did you do a clean install of Win7, or did you upgrade a (e.g., Vista; WinXP) computer to Win7?

2. What is the full name of your installed anti-virus application or security suite and when (approx. date) does your current subscription expire? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender) are installed? What third-party firewall (if any)?

3. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

4. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [PICK ONE] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

5a. Is KB3134814, KB3115858, KB3124280, KB3126587, KB3126593, KB3134214, KB3122648 and/or KB3127220 listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)? [1]

5b. How about KB3135445, KB3123862, KB3035583, KB2952664 and/or KB2990214?

6. Assuming Java is installed => Is Java Version 8 Update 73 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY! => http://java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp [2]

7. Is Adobe Flash Player v20.0.0.306 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY! => http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ 

8a. When (exact date) was Internet Explorer 11 installed according to Installed Updates?

8b. What Update Version & KB number are displayed in the second line of text in IE11's Help | About [Alt+H+A] tab; e.g., Update Version: 11.0.99 (KB1231231) ?

8c. Is Firefox (version 44.0.1 or higher) and/or Google Chrome (version 48.0.2564.109 or higher) or any other alternate browser installed?

9. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; Glary Utilities; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner's Registry Cleaner component)?

==============================================
[1] Start | Control Panel | Programs and Features | View installed updates (in left-hand menu)
[2] No need to install Java if it's not already installed!

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

woops, wasnt meant to say that your reply was helpful, rather the contrary. my point being the game **** works, just windows live login details are denied, even though i know them, whats that about? is there a way to use this game without needing to have a windows **** live account connected, especially since im not even using it online?!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Dean,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to try following steps and check.

a. Open "Grand Theft Auto 4" game and click "Start".
b. Press Enter to begin the sign-in process when the screen informs you that you are not signed in.
c. Select "Create New Profile" and then select "Create Offline Profile".
d. Type the name of your profile(maximum 15 characters) and click "Submit".
e. Review your profile information, changing any incorrect information with "Customize Profile" and click "Done" to save.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

is there a way to use this game without needing to have a windows **** live account connected, especially since im not even using it online?!

if you'd answer my questions, we might find out

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 16, 2021 Views 1,432 Applies to: