FSX activation problem.

I purchase FSX Delux edition when it first came out. I haven't used it for quite some time because I just didn't have the hardware to run it
smoothly but I have recently upgraded my computer and thought I would give it another shot.  I have been trying for 3 days to activate FSX but I keep getting this error message:

A technical problem occurred while accessing the online activation server.

License authorizatino was unsuccessful.

We apologize for any inconvenience.  The problem may be due to a temporary network interruption or the server may be busy at this time.  If the problem persists, check your network connection and verify that you can browse the Internet with your Web browser.

My internet connection is fine.  I've tried over and over but the same thing keeps happening.  I've tried to contact Microsoft tech support but I just get run around in circles and never find a number I can call.  Does the activation self destruct after a certain number of years?

System Specs:

EVGA P55 FTW Motherboard
Intel i7 875K @ 2.93 Ghz
Corsair 4GB 800MHz DDR3-2000 PC-16000
Evga GTX 285  DDR3
Evga 8800 GT 512MB DDR3
Seagate 500GB SATA II
Seagate 1.5TB SATA II
SoundBlaster Audigy2
Cooler Master 1200w PS
Matrox TripleHeadToGo
(3) Samsung 46” HDTVs-Front surround view
ViewSonic 22” LCD-Left view
Aesus 23” LCD-Right view
Windows 7 64-bit

Answer
Answer
Problem solved.  I called Microsoft at 800-MICROSOFT and they put me through to the right technician.  He told me to go into the FSX folder and to right click on FSX.exe choose properties and uncheck the Run in Compatibility Mode box.  Then the activation went through with no problem.

69 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2022 Views 36,254 Applies to: