direct3D acceleration is not available in Windows 7

Dear all, 
I've just installed a game in Windows 7. However, after installing, i couldn't start the game. An error came up like this:
"Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices. Please make sure that the correct graphics driver is installed on your system, and Direct3D acceleration is enabled".
I did come to the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to check. In System tab, i found that DirectX version is DirectX 11. In Display tab, all three DirectX features "DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP Texture acceleration" are all not available. And i couldn't find the "Enable" button to activate. It's not like Windows XP that you can find "Enable" and "Disable" buttons. It appeared nothing here but "Not available" line.
I've already installed DirectX 11 SDK and DirectX 11 End User Runtimes. I also try to update graphics driver (however, windows 7 announced that the current driver is up to date).
I'm using Laptop Compaq Presario CQ42 262TU; Intel® Core™ i3-370M (2*2.40GHz, 4Threads);Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD 500.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS SITUATION!!!

Question Info

Last updated June 24, 2019 Views 98,142 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I spent over 5 hours on this one and finaly figured it out. 

Use REGEDIT and change the "SoftwareOnly" key from "1" to "0" in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Direct3D\Drivers

and then reboot the system and it should work.

The problem was the DXDIAG under 64bit worked fine but it was disabled for 32bit programs.

Monster Fastener
Check out MonsterFastener.com, your online destination for nuts, bolts, washers, and screws. Monster selection, scary savings.

162 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.