Question

Q: Connection problems when gaming online This thread is locked from future replies

I just got windows 7 ultimate 32 bit installed on my computer, ever since I installed it I have been happy with it with one exception.  Whenever I try to play any game online it gives me horrendous lag.  I'm not running these games through an internet browser, I'm talking about games like everquest 2, team fortress 2, and other steam games.  My internet is just fine outside of these dedicated client games, all of my drivers are up to date, i've tried turning off my firewall and it didn't help.  Also the problem isn't my modem, any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

1.     Which Web Browser are you using to play the online games?

2.     Is the issue confined to specific online games?

3.     What is the exact error message you get when you try to play games online?

Please provide more information on the issue to assist you better.

Meanwhile, if you are using Internet Explorer, I would suggest you to follow the link mentioned below and perform the steps. Check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems playing online games using Internet Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528246

Let us know if it helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

1. I specifically said I didn't use a web browser to play games

2. It happens with all online games

3. It varies from game to game, the most relevant error was "kicked for no packet flow" in blacklight redemption, generally speaking though I don't receive error messages I'm just disconnected for a bad connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
1. Which online game are you trying to play?
2. Have you performed the suggestions in the previous post?
3. Which application are you using to play online games?
Please let us know the status of the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

1. Currently I'm just trying to play team fortress 2, however I have had this problem with blacklight redemption, everquest 2, age of empires online, and combat arms.  It isn't a few specific games, all games I'm playing that require online connectivity don't work.

2. They had nothing to do with with the problems i'm experiencing

3. Steam primarily, although I am using individual game clients as well

I just downloaded service pack 1 and no fix was presented.  I want to get this sorted out quickly because I have already preordered diablo 3 and would like to be able to play it as soon as i get it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Alex,

Check to make sure that your firewall is not blocking the connection to the game server:

You may also want to ask your question on the Steam forums:

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1151 Last updated: January 3, 2018 Applies to: