I just got windows 7 ultimate 32 bit installed on my computer, ever since I installed it I have been happy with it with one exception. Whenever I try to play any game online it gives me horrendous lag. I'm not running these games through an internet
browser, I'm talking about games like everquest 2, team fortress 2, and other steam games. My internet is just fine outside of these dedicated client games, all of my drivers are up to date, i've tried turning off my firewall and it didn't help. Also the
problem isn't my modem, any help would be appreciated.
1. I specifically said I didn't use a web browser to play games
2. It happens with all online games
3. It varies from game to game, the most relevant error was "kicked for no packet flow" in blacklight redemption, generally speaking though I don't receive error messages I'm just disconnected for a bad connection.
1. Which online game are you trying to play?
2. Have you performed the suggestions in the previous post?
3. Which application are you using to play online games?
Please let us know the status of the issue.
1. Currently I'm just trying to play team fortress 2, however I have had this problem with blacklight redemption, everquest 2, age of empires online, and combat arms. It isn't a few specific games, all games I'm playing that require online connectivity
2. They had nothing to do with with the problems i'm experiencing
3. Steam primarily, although I am using individual game clients as well
I just downloaded service pack 1 and no fix was presented. I want to get this sorted out quickly because I have already preordered diablo 3 and would like to be able to play it as soon as i get it.