Age of Mythology: Gold Edition online problem. Ubisoft exclusive version.

I have purchased a 'Age of Mythology: Gold edition', the UBISOFT EXCLUSIVE version, unforutunatly this version does not seem to work online for me.
whenever I try to create a new account the error message appears stating "Unknown error occured while retrieving country information", this message can be passed and I can fill in the rest of the boxes in order to create my account, however, when the boxes are completeled and i hit 'ok' an error message appears stating "There is an updated version of Age of Mythology that is required to play".
Also, when i try to play with a friend via ethernet cable, an error message appears stating 'your version is not up to date with the host's version, please check both versions are up to date then try again' - his version is a classical 'Age of mythology: gold edition' and NOT the ubisoft exlusive version
I have downloaded countless updates in order to try and patch this problem but nothing seems to work.
I have done plenty of research on this problem and it appears that all EXCLUSIVE versions have the same CD key, meaning I cannot play online.
I am determined to find a solution to this problem; if you have anything that can help me PLEASE get into contact with me!!

P.S. The last thing I am willing to do is buy a new copy of the game which is the classical version as this will be quite expensive so ONLY if you are 100% my problem cannot be solved I would appriciate any information of where to purchase said copy of the game, thankyou.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2019 Views 2,103 Applies to:

Hi,

I would suggest you to refer the article.

You receive the "Unknown error occurred while retrieving country information" error message when you try to create an online account for Age of Mythology

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837870

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This information was helpful however it only helped get passed the problem of the country information field, when i 'created' my account the message of "There is an updated version of Age of Mythology that is required to play" still appeared.

I have gone to the homepage, selected 'more' and then 'update titans' however a box appears stating 'checking for update...' then 2-3 seconds later 'your game is up to date.', however this does not solve the problem at all, the message "There is an updated version of Age of Mythology that is required to play" still appears whenever i try to create an account or login with the one i 'created' earlier.

Do you know how to resolve this?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also now tried to create an account on Age of Mythology without the titans expansion pack, I get up to creating the account and it even saying that my account is logging in then a box appears saying "your CD key cannot be vaildated at thi time", I've read about that problem and it seems to mean I need a new CD key as the one I have is for offlien play only, however I have also read that Microsoft have stopped making CD keys and when I have looked on the Microsoft helpsite there is no Age of Mythology option available, no search results even appear for it, only for age of empires.

Also the apprant update problem still occurs when i try to log into / create an account on the titans expansion.

please help, someone.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also now tried to create an account on Age of Mythology without the titans expansion pack, I get up to creating the account and it even saying that my account is logging in then a box appears saying "your CD key cannot be vaildated at thi time", I've read about that problem and it seems to mean I need a new CD key as the one I have is for offlien play only, however I have also read that Microsoft have stopped making CD keys and when I have looked on the Microsoft helpsite there is no Age of Mythology option available, no search results even appear for it, only for age of empires.

Also the apprant update problem still occurs when i try to log into / create an account on the titans expansion.

please help, someone.

I too just purchased the "Gold Edition" with the Titans expansion from UbiSoft.  If I apply any of the updates, I can no longer play the game.  If I install a "fresh" copy, I can play the game locally only.  If I go to play online, it states I need an updated version.

Any ideas Microsoft or UbiSoft?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. I've searched everywhere on the internet and haven't found anything that came even close to be a solution. What I did notice however, is that a lot of people are heaving the same problem, the same complaints, and nothing has been done about it so far. Ubisoft is destined that it is not their problem. You used to be able to mail them for new CDkeys but this is no longer possible. 

Microsoft, just fix this please. Just turn off uniqe CD keys for the online version, and everyone will be happy again. I am aware that this enables piracy, but what does it matter if already hundreds of people are malcontent by your products?

Sorry this didn't help.