setting up wireless zero controler

Remember - This is a public forum so never post private information such as email or phone numbers!

1. Ideas:iam not very experinced with a pc so i could really use some help i am trying to set up a wireless connection but when i try to connect to an excisting connection it will not connect and when i try to repair the connection it says can not repair because wireless zero controler is not connected all this started about a week ago when i called my internet provider and during the trouble shotting they hard me reset something it was something like winstock 32/config or something and since then even if i try to hook up my dsn box still no connection

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 729 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

If your computer or your wireless network adapter did not come with its own wireless network software, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl, and then click OK.

2. Click Network Connections.

3. In Network connections, click to select your wireless connection, and then click Change settings of this connection.

4. On the Wireless networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings check box.

To start the Wireless Zero Configuration service, follow these steps:

Click Start , click Run , type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s , and then click OK .

Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration .

In the Startup type list, click Automatic , and then click Apply .

In the Service status area, click Start , and then click OK

Another article to look at for troubleshooting:
KB 313242 - How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313242

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.