Question

Q: Error 1335 - File corrupt

Hello

I recently installed windows 7 on my new custom built machine about a week ago. I came across a problem when i tried to install a game [Crysis] The error occured when the installation began to copy the files and install the game. This particular game is using .cab files to install the software.

I receive an error at the begining of the installation, "error 1335 - file ... is corrupt etc. The file is there and working. I tried to install other software such as photoshop and various other games.

After searching the net i believe the problem is directed at the windows installer. Another solution i have found is that it could be down to the RAM. I ran a memory diagnostic which did find a problem. I wish to know whether there is an actual solution to fix the problem or if i will have to buy another RAM.

Methods i have tried;

1. Using msiexec /unregister and a couple other commands but am unsure if they did anything.

2.Tried to install the software off the hard drive

3. ran a registry cleaner, disk clean up and defrag

They are the methods i can remeber off the top of my head.

Any guidance or possible fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Answer

A:

Hi Hazzerf,

You may try changing the stick to a different slot or use a different RAM stick to check if it is an issue with the RAM.

Refer the thread link below which address the same error though it with a different game.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vistagaming/thread/d103f219-78bf-4ed8-bcb4-0c258838e7af

Hope this helps.

Bindu R - Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 717 Last updated: March 25, 2018 Applies to: