Error 1335 - File corrupt

Hello

I recently installed windows 7 on my new custom built machine about a week ago. I came across a problem when i tried to install a game [Crysis] The error occured when the installation began to copy the files and install the game. This particular game is using .cab files to install the software.

I receive an error at the begining of the installation, "error 1335 - file ... is corrupt etc. The file is there and working. I tried to install other software such as photoshop and various other games.

After searching the net i believe the problem is directed at the windows installer. Another solution i have found is that it could be down to the RAM. I ran a memory diagnostic which did find a problem. I wish to know whether there is an actual solution to fix the problem or if i will have to buy another RAM.

Methods i have tried;

1. Using msiexec /unregister and a couple other commands but am unsure if they did anything.

2.Tried to install the software off the hard drive

3. ran a registry cleaner, disk clean up and defrag

They are the methods i can remeber off the top of my head.

Any guidance or possible fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 722 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Hazzerf,

You may try changing the stick to a different slot or use a different RAM stick to check if it is an issue with the RAM.

Refer the thread link below which address the same error though it with a different game.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vistagaming/thread/d103f219-78bf-4ed8-bcb4-0c258838e7af

Hope this helps.

Bindu R - Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.