Question

Q: Windows Explorer not showing sub-folders that actually exist in a folder, and showing files that exist in sub-folders in the main folder instead (though not all of them).

I've been working with a data file folder quite a bit in recent weeks. It contains 11 sub-folders, and 2 word document files. Suddenly Explorer is not showing any of the sub-folders or the two documents, and is instead showing a whole range of files that are found within sub-folders. However, not all files that are in the sub-folders are showing in the main folder.

I can navigate to the files where they should be using other means - my FTP and sync programs are working fine. 

I'm not technical, but wonder if there is some way to fix this. I'm dreading W7 might actually scramble up my files in some way.

Answer

A:

Hi RedmondGuy,

·        When you say “I can navigate to the files where they should be using other means”, what do you mean by “other means”?

·        Where is the data file folder located?

Try the following steps:

a. Click Start and click Computer.

b. Navigate to the folder/sub-folders in question by using only the right side of the window (ignoring the left column).

Let us know the results. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks and Regards,
Santosh Y – Microsoft Support

Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 4,042 Last updated: May 29, 2018 Applies to: