Windows Easy Transfer won't work for me between my old laptop with Windows XP and my new laptop with Windows 7.

I am trying to transfer my various files to my new laptop computer configured with Windows 7 from my old laptop computer configured with Windows XP Professional, using the Windows Easy Transfer program which I found on my old laptop.   I have tried to make the transfer through my home wireless network and when that failed to work..  I interconnected the two laptops with  a cable, (the same cable style one uses to connect one's computer to a modem or router, not a SSB cable).

So in summary, I simply want to transfer to my new laptop all my files from my old laptop.   I copied the My Data master file from my old laptop onto a "stick" assuming I could simply download from the stick to the new laptop.  (I have lots of "sticks" here.)   The idea didn't work, of course, otherwise \i wouldn''t be asking this question now.

Answer
Answer
If you had simply copied data file (documents folders) via a stick there should be no issues in copying from that stick to the library locations on win7, and if there is what is the exact err msgs?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 620 Applies to: