Windows 7 Showing ALL Icons or ALL Thumbnails

Is there a way to get Windows 7 to behave like XP where I can show a folder with just icons of photos and another folder showing thumbnails?

It seems like it's All or Nothing with Windows 7.  I have some image files on my desktop that I want to show as icons and I have some photos in another photo that I want to show as thumbnails and I can't do that right now.  Thanks.

|
Answer
Answer

I don't know of any way to show icons in one folder and thumbnails for the other at the same time, Rehman, and the links you supplied don't help that.  If you read the OP's question carefully, he is not trying to see a "List View" vs. Thumbnails, but specifically ICONS vs. Thumbnails.

I believe it is all or nothing with Windows 7.  Viewing as "Large Icons" for example, will show thumbnails or icons, depending on how you have the Advanced File and Folder Settings set...  From the Windows Help documentation:

To:  Always show icons, rather than thumbnail previews of files.  Use this setting if thumbnail previews are slowing down your computer.
Do this:  Select the Always show icons, never thumbnails check box, and then click OK.

Note specifically the use of the terms "always" and "never".  This setting is system-wide.

-Noel

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2020 Views 4,764 Applies to: