Windows 7 automatically saved every download loading up space. How do I stop this from happening?

When I click on the Microsoft Icon in the lower left corner of the screen it opens up a white box of programs on the left border. Adjacent to that is a black box that has "Downloads" listed as an entry.

When I open tis file i find that it contains everey page/document that I have downloaded in the 9 months that I have had this PC with Windows 7 Home software.

How do I stop this from happening.  I am not doing anything to indicate that I want to save these documents. It does it automatically. Eating up my storage space and slowing pc down as well as loading up my backup file.

HELP

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 55 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Are you sure you mean 'download' as download means downloading something from the internet. Whereas if you created and saved docs they should be stored in your Libraries>Documents and 9 months worth is likely to occupy very little space

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Use disk cleanup, and check all of the boxes,

If there are multiple users on the same machine use System cleanup and repeat, check all of the boxes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Delete-files-using-Disk-Cleanup

What browser are you using to surf the internet ?

Mcafee/Norton/IOBit security should not be Installed on a functioning computer=FreeAdvice

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.