windows 7 and vista limit the number of files to select and print or open to 15. Need a work around to increase this limit.

Under windows 7 (and Vista) when selecting more than 15 files in explorer, the "Print" and "Open" selections under the "File" menu disappear.  This is very inconvenient becuase I work with a lot of text files and selecting them 15 at a time is cumbersome and error prone.  I need a work around to bump up this limitation to about 60.  I never had any problems doing it under XP or prior editions of windows.  I have a fast computer with lots or memory but windows 7 won't let me use it - It's like buying a ferrari and the dealer slaps a pad lock on the accelerator and says "...here you go son... it's for your own safety!!!!"  This is very frustrating. 

Answer
Answer

I have a fast computer with lots or memory but windows 7 won't let me use it - It's like buying a ferrari and the dealer slaps a pad lock on the accelerator and says "...here you go son... it's for your own safety!!!!"  This is very frustrating. 

Physical Memory Limits: Windows 7

The following table specifies the limits on physical memory for Windows 7.

Version Limit in 32-bit  Limit in 64-bit Windows
Windows 7 Ultimate

4 GB

192 GB

Windows 7 Enterprise

4 GB

192 GB

Windows 7 Professional

4 GB

192 GB

Windows 7 Home Premium

4 GB

16 GB

Windows 7 Home Basic

4 GB

8 GB

Windows 7 Starter

2 GB

2 GB

Thanks
Renjith

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Maybe, it's a limitation of the program that you use to open the files. I am using Windows Live Photo Gallery and even if I select more than 500 files at once, the Open and Print commands can be used.

By the way: the seating capacity of a Ferrari is quite limited. ;-)

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2021 Views 15,164 Applies to: