When trying to save any files to the C drive in Windows 7, get message "There are no more files"

I get this when I attempt to save any files to my C drive. I am the only user on this laptop. It is windows 7 Home-Premium 64bit.
So far I checked for viruses using 5 different scanners, check permissions, the usual stuff but I still get it. The funny thing is if I right click on my desktop and click new txt Document it works I can type this in and click save, But if I click save as and rename it i get Save as : There are no more files. btw I have 350gbs free, also tried chkdsk /r
Answer
Answer
If you're using Comodo Cleaner, that can also cause the problems on Win7 64-bit. Uninstalling it helped me - problem solved! But in your case, try to figure out if you installed some new software just before the fancy "there are no more files"-message started showing up. BTW, also I had BIG problems since "save as" didn't work in any of my programs from Office to Paint... 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi, 

Welcome to Microsoft Windows 7 Answers Forum!

Now Boot the computer in safe mode and check for the issue.

Follow this below provided link to start your computer in safemode .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode 

Try performing SFC scan on the computer.

1.                  Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow

2.         Type the following command, and then press ENTER:  sfc /scannow 

[The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.]

A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time

3.         If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your 

Win7 DVD for this process to continue

4.         If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows 

resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

5.         After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the

computer and check.

Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan –

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Thanks and Regards:

Suresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2019 Views 17,638 Applies to: