Using Windows 7 Ultimate Folder Access Denied how to change so can access.

Using Windows 7 Ultimate I am the administrator for the computer. I use MSN for my browser window and have been trying to move my favorites list over to IE (which is not easy task). MSN browser does not allow exporting a file. MSN told me to locate the MSN# folder in the Applications Data folder but I get there and I am Denied Access. Where do I go to make changes which will allow me access to this folder?

Any one who knows an easy way to move that favorites folder let me know. Thus far MSN sure does not help. Frustrating!!

Thank you,

James

Answer
Answer

Hi James,

If you want to give full permission to each folders and files, you have to give permission to the root drive (means where Operating System is installed) but giving permission to the root drive may cause serious problems (like data loss or permission mismatch and registry entry edit).

You can refer the previous post to change the permission.

Disclaimer:  Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope the above information is helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 933 Applies to: