Restore a specific file to a date.

Iv'e been playing a game named Spider man web of shadows and i had the autosave feature turned on. that saved file is located in C:\Users\my name\Documents\Activision\Spider-Man Web of Shadows. I kept playing that game and i went for the final mission, in my absence my little brother started a new game and my save file is overwritten. My question is that is there any way i can get the save file the way it was when i kept. (the final mission) or to restore that save file to that date which this incident never happened. An acceptable answer is very very much important because it is not easy for me to play the game again from the beginning. 

Thank you

Yours sincerly

LeShum

Answer
Answer

One possibility is the Windows Previous Versions backups.  Right-click the folder that the save game is stored in, then choose "Restore Previous Versions" to see if any backup copies exist.

Shawn B Keene | Microsoft Community Contributer
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can restore it from a backup (if you're usingWindows backup) or you can try to restore it from a previous version.

I would suggest you to click on the Microsoft link provided below and check if it helps resolving the issue.

Reffer this link if you are using Windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Recover-lost-or-deleted-files

If you are using Windows Vista click on the link provided below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Previous-versions-of-files-frequently-asked-questions

Hope this Helps,

Thanks and Regards, John S Rubdy – Microsoft Support
John Rubdy
Forum Moderator | Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 599 Applies to: