Not able to access shared folder on windows 7 Professinal 64bit from a windows XP professional in a same workgroup.
- Office enviroment. We have 3 computers want to share a folder on one compter.
- Computer A : Windows 7 Pro. 64bit. Computer B:Windows 7 Pro. 64bit. Computer C: Windows XP Pro. 32BIT.
- A is the one where shared folder (DATASHEET) is located.
- Created User B & C on computer A in User Group with password.
- Shared folder is under PUBLIC FOLDER on computer A.
- User B&C have been added with full control permission on sharing and security option on A.
- On computer A. The home networks Firewall is OFF. The Public networks is ON.
- On computer A. UAC is set to "never notify".
1).From Computer B access to shared folder DATASHEET. Logged in with password. Success.
2).From Computer C access to shared folder.
* Under RUN type \\10.0.3.95. Can see shared folder DATASHEET. Click on DATASHEET and show error message "\\10.0.3.95\Documennts\Datasheet is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administratior of this server to find out if you have access permissions "
* Under RUN type\\10.0.3.95\C$ . A log-on windows popped up and asks for user name and password. Tried to use User C and User A(admin) to log in. Failed.
What is the problem???