New Folder not called "New Folder" left unnamed when created

When I create a new folder, and leave it unnamed it's not called "New Folder" as it's generic name. It can be something random like "New Haven", "New York",

"Newer Folder", "Newark", "New Frontier" and so on but never it's generic "New Folder"! What's going on, and has my computer been compromised? 

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2018 Views 230 Applies to:
Hi!

I don't know if this is of help but recently someone was having the same problem as you, only that in that case the new folders were named after birds. I found out that that was done by a free compression software named ALZip. The bird names can be easily disabled within the software by turning off "Create new folders" under Context Menu in the Configuration dialog box. Perhaps you downloaded recently some software similar to that one?

To be on the safe side, you could download and run a FULL scan with free Malwarebytes Antimalware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Julia

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Bloody **** that really crept in under the radar never thought to check ALZip as I do have it, what a bloody sneaky and down right dangerous thing to do ... I'll uninstall ALZip and reinstall it without that check box checked. I could've potentially been caught in a loop of constant re-installs there thinking I was being picked on by a hacker ... That's a very stupid and downright idiotic thing for a software company to do? How bloody stupid, I bet the guy that came up with that idea was the guy who responsible for the Balloon challenge in FSX, after that failure of an idea, he went on to bigger failures with ALZip! Would've loved to been in the meeting with him that morning. "I know," he muses, "What about a check box that they have to uncheck if they don't want the New Folder to be named to something random to make their copy of windows more unique?" What an idiot ...

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, Walshy71, I take your reply then as "problem solved". Glad to be of help. :)

Sorry this didn't help.