I need help finding Windows Fax and Scan (it's not listed in All Programs)...I have looked in other places... no luck

I need help finding Windows Fax and Scan  on my Windows 7 (64 bit) system.  I'm sure I have it because I was able to successfully send a fax with Microsoft Word - it made use of Windows Fax and Scan to accomplish this task.  I need to configure the software to receive faxes. 

I've looked at all programs and in all folders of "All Programs" (above Start button)... I also looked through the list of installed programs in Control Panel (uninstall/change programs)...I've searched the Program Files folders (drive C:), searched Control Panel, used the search box above Start... but I still haven't found it.

Help !!!

|
Answer
Answer

I need help finding Windows Fax and Scan  on my Windows 7 (64 bit) system.  I'm sure I have it because I was able to successfully send a fax with Microsoft Word - it made use of Windows Fax and Scan to accomplish this task.  I need to configure the software to receive faxes. 

I've looked at all programs and in all folders of "All Programs" (above Start button)... I also looked through the list of installed programs in Control Panel (uninstall/change programs)...I've searched the Program Files folders (drive C:), searched Control Panel, used the search box above Start... but I still haven't found it.

Help !!!

Hi

The Fax and Scan should have a shortcut in Start/All Programs/Windows Programs.

If it is not there and you're sure that it is installed, press the Windows Logo Key+R to bring up the Run dialog box. Type WFS.EXE in the Open box and press OK.

If this does not work to start the program, then it is probably not installed.

Open Control Panel / Programs and Features. On the left side menu, select Turn Windows Features On or Off.

Expand the Print and Document Services, select the Windows Fax and Scan option. Select OK and exit.

Here are some links for the Fax and Scan feature.

Faxing: Frequently Asked Questions

Windows 7 features - Windows Fax and Scan - Microsoft Windows

Scan a document or photo with Windows Fax and Scan

Set up your computer to send and receive faxes

Receive a fax with Windows Fax and Scan

Send a fax with Windows Fax and Scan

Let us know what you find.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP – Windows Desktop Experience
MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 18, 2021 Views 40,807 Applies to: