I can not add a new folder to my library. Please Help

Original Title:  No library option
I just had Windows 7 installed. I am trying to use the Libraries feature by adding folders to libraries. I do not have an option shown to add a folder to a library by either method in the Help file that says to left click once in the left pane to add a folder to a library, or the method shown in the Library Help video that says open Explorer, navigate to folder in right pane, right click and "add to folder". That option does not appear no matter what I do!
Answer
Answer

Hi StarWeaver,

Refer to the below steps and check if these help. Refer the below example when you need to add songs folder present in C: drive to music library-

1. In the taskbar, click the Windows Explorer button or right click on start button and select the option Open Windows Explorer.

2. Now in the explorer window, in the navigation pane (the left pane) click on C: drive or any drive where a folder is located (For example here – C:\songs) and the folder will open in the right pane. In the right pane single-click on it (don't double-click) (songs folder).

3. In the toolbar (above the file list), click Include in library, and then click a library (for example, Music).

You will not get an option to add the folder when you single click and then right click on a folder. You will get an option to Include in library to add the folder to library when you single click and then right click in Windows Explorer.

You may also refer to the below link for assistance -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Include-folders-in-a-library

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.
Thanks,
Meghmala – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 20, 2019 Views 1,347 Applies to: