How to Disable Full Row Select in Windows 7 Explorer?

Keith Miller provided a registry modification works on Vista.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itprovistadesktopui/thread/7101bb56-c0b7-48af-a493-2fb8c8ea0ead

but it doesn't work on windows7.
I tried both registry modification and run script,explorer still work with Full Row Select.
Anyone has solution??

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2018 Views 8,406 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
OK,  this is s little late, prob a waste of time.  I appreciate very much the work of the people who have come up with fixes to this stupid  "by design"  improvement from Microsoft.  My purpose is threefold:

1:  to comment that this is not the first time, surely won't be the last, that the independent community is cleaning up after Microsoft stupidity.

2:  to predict one of the "features" that will be built into windows 8:  if you by mistake triple-click on any .exe file in windows explorer, the window will turn into a copy of the Mac finder, then morph into a spinning beach ball, then the os will delete half of it's own files and shut down.   This will present another opportunity for people to find fixes and "work-arounds."  Microsoft, of course, will say that this is "by design,"  since no Windows user would ever "triple-click" on anything........

3:  To explain why these things happen:  At least one of the chief MS Windows engineers/developers has a recurring nightmare, of playing the Nerd in a Mac advertisement, and the "cool mac guy"  is the one who had an affair with the Nerd's first girlfriend.... (long story),  anyway the Nerd's therapist can't seem to help him much, so every morning Mr. Nerd wakes up in a cold sweat, and goes to work thinking that the only way out is complete "Macification" of Windows.

Being one of the apparently rare people who uses both operating systems extensively, I can see what is going on in the brains of the Nerd.  Unfortunately.

It is true that Windows has had its stupid, unnecessary problems, and Mac at one time was more stable.  Also, Windows can be maddeningly stupid sometimes.  However, after trying to actually get things done and/or fix some system problems on a Mac for a few hours,  it's absolutely orgasmic to come back to Windows, where there are usually actual solutions, and you can make things work.  In the Mac world, when  the OS does stupid things  (which it does regularly, and on a much bigger scale than Windows),  they simply shake their heads at you sadly,  and whisper that you must have done something wrong, or tried to do something naughty................     In the Mac world,  ALL of the bugs and limitations are "by design",   and since the design is perfect,  any problems you have are yours alone.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I found this add-on for Windows Explorer:
http://free-sk.t-com.hr/T800/software/FolderOptions.htm

It will give you option to disable full row select and some other options.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic76420.html

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.