how do you manually reset the drm media rights?

I'm running windows 7 64-bit edition. I have a zune and recently I had a really bad lighting storm the messed up my motherboard. I purchased a new one plugged it and everthing worked no problems & no software installed (dittos to windows 7 for that). However a couple of weeks later went tot sync my zune and it keeps telling me, "The media rights on your computer has encountered an error and needs to be manually reset. error code: c00d11d6 (c00d278f)." I have tried everything on zune's web site but everything isn't compatible with windows 7 or not compatible with windows media player 12. At the moment the option I'm seeing is to reinstall my operating sytem and hope for the best and I don't really want to do that. Ideas anyone...please.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2019 Views 137,317 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I struggled with trying to fix this on my computer today.. tried everything above. Running windows 7 64 bit. 

What finally worked for me was running this program http://go.microsoft.com/FWLink?LinkID=105000

Try to right click and run that program as Administrator. (If that doesnt work rename the .exe to .rar and manually extract the files to the programs folder. Then run the exe that was extracted.)

After all that I was able to load the drm reset page http://go.microsoft.com/FWLink?LinkID=34506 (be sure to use internet explorer) and all is well. Hopefully this helps someone.

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
One possibility...I had the same issue above, was always grayed out, so rebooted, copied the link out of the email (without opening IE), started IE from the start menu with the right click "run as admin", and then pasted the link into the address box, and it when I got there, the link was suddenly enabled.  Wasn't able to get it without restarting or pasting the link in, not sure if it was some weird kind of caching thing or something, but that did the trick for me and I was able to finally run the DRM reset.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.