I have a logical drive ('B') (with all my 'data' files, eg., txt, doc, eml, jpg, etc). Windows 7 indexing seems to not recognize it. There are tens of thousands of files on that drive, yet Indexing only finds about 2,000 files (presumably on my system drive in my User/ area, also indexed).
Here's some information:
* The drive's 'Properties' 'Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed...' is checked
* ControlPanel->Indexing, Modify, was used to select the logical drive. It shows up on the list of 'Index these locations' with a drive icon.
* About 2,000 files are found (probably on C drive). When I create a new file on C dirve, it is found by Search (in StartMenu). When I create a new file on the logical drive (B:\), it is NOT found.
* I tried the regedit hack relating to SetupComplete (or something like that), which cleared the Indexing list. Re-entered it, got the same result (ie., logical drive is listed but ignored when index is complete).
* 'Troubleshooting' doesn't find any problems.
This is on Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
I'd appreciate any ideas for how to get Indexing to index my logical drive.