How can I copy large files (>15 gb) across multiple CDs or DVDs using features in Win 7?

How can I copy large files (>15 gb)  across multiple CDs or DVDs using features in Win 7?  I have tried the Media Player, but it simply stops and tells me the file I am copying is to big.  I am looking for a way that will tell me to enter another dissk and continue copying untill the file has copied to the end.

Question Info

Last updated June 25, 2018 Views 5,687 Applies to:
Answer

WinZip will let you span across disks.  The file would be unuseable until it was unzipped onto another PC - you would not be able to play it from the DVD.

I assume that you are talking about a video file.  If it's that desperate you could get a video editing application such as Format factory then split the video into sections and put each one on a separate disk.

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

You must split the file into segments that will fit on the disks you are using.

Windows has no feature that will do this for you. You can get a BluRay drive and disk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc, when you may be able to fit the file on a single disk.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.