find clipboard history

I need to find clipboard history; I'm using Windows 7 Beta. Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2018 Views 422,640 Applies to:
Answer
Hey I found a bit of a work around for this problem early this morning. I usually have a Word document open and in frustration at having lost something I copy and pasted earlier (that's how I got here) I clicked on the 'Clipboard' menu in Word. This opens up a blank column that says "Clipboard empty. Copy or cut to collect items." I left the Word window open and started web browsing - links I copied and pasted all stack up in the left hand column. It works for gigantic blocks of text too!

156 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Windows only remembers the last thing on the clipboard however this behaviour is different in different applications (i.e. Microsoft Word).

The clipboard has evolved somewhat over the years and many applications manipulate it / handle it in their own way.  In Windows you get the basic functionaility and it's up to the various applications to expand on this.

There are utilities out there for example this one http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/save-and-view-your-complete-clipboard-history-in-windows/ which run in the background and record your clipboard information but none that I know of present by default in the OS.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jon

www.insidetheregistry.com

39 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.