Question

Q: find clipboard history

I need to find clipboard history; I'm using Windows 7 Beta. Any ideas?

Answer

A:

Hey I found a bit of a work around for this problem early this morning. I usually have a Word document open and in frustration at having lost something I copy and pasted earlier (that's how I got here) I clicked on the 'Clipboard' menu in Word. This opens up a blank column that says "Clipboard empty. Copy or cut to collect items." I left the Word window open and started web browsing - links I copied and pasted all stack up in the left hand column. It works for gigantic blocks of text too!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

149 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Windows only remembers the last thing on the clipboard however this behaviour is different in different applications (i.e. Microsoft Word).

The clipboard has evolved somewhat over the years and many applications manipulate it / handle it in their own way.  In Windows you get the basic functionaility and it's up to the various applications to expand on this.

There are utilities out there for example this one http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/save-and-view-your-complete-clipboard-history-in-windows/ which run in the background and record your clipboard information but none that I know of present by default in the OS.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jon

www.insidetheregistry.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

30 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 399,115 Last updated: May 20, 2018 Applies to: