Customizing Start search, omitting outlook results

how to I keep outlook results out of start search while still having outlook files indexed?  If I omit outlook from indexing options, outlook search does not work, but if I include it, the first 40 results from START search are from outlook.  I know I could use explorer by drilling down into library files, but shouldn't have to.  I just want outlook search to work on separate set of data than Start search.  How? 

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 94 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
In the Start menu itself, only the first few results of each type should be shown.  For example, if I type "Jeff" into my start menu, the Outlook section says (4837) results.  However, only 4 are displayed.

Opening the 'see more results' link does cause all to be listed.  Unfortunately there is no way to proactively restrict those from showing Outlook results. That does make a great feature suggestion though, I could see that being very handy.  Would you mind submitting it to the product feedback for possible inclusion in future versions?

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.