Cannot see iTunes Folder under My Music from Library View

Clean instal of Windows 7 and copied over iTunes folder from backup.  I can use the music fine in iTunes but can not see the actual music files but can see the folders.  Is there something really simple I am missing? 

Can see music in under the normal windows view going up the patch from C drive but can not see it when I click on the Libraries Icon.

Thanks in advance!

Answer
Answer

Hi MaggieDog,

Thank you for posting Microsoft Answers Community Forums.

To see iTunes Folder in Libraries, you need to add iTunes folder to Libraries.

Please follow the steps below to add iTunes to MyLibraries.

1.    In your taskbar, click on Start -> Accessories -> Libraries folder and open Libraries folder in Explorer.

2.    Move your mouse to an empty space, right-click to open the shortcut menu.

3.    Go to New -> Library.

4.    Enter a name for your new Library.

5.    Once it is created, you can decide what you want to include in this newly created library. Just right-click and select Properties.

6.    Click the Add button and browse to a directory that you want included in this Library. Once you have selected the folder, click the “Include Folder” button. You can add more directories into your new library by repeating this step.

7.    Use the Optimize this library for dropdown to select the correct type of optimization (General Items, Documents, Music, Pictures, Video, or Internet).

8.    If you don’t want the Library to show up in the Navigation Pane, uncheck the Shown in Navigation Pane checkbox.

9.    Click OK.

Hope this Information helped.

Thanks and Regards.

Yaaser

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2019 Views 2,006 Applies to: