Windows 7 Security Permissions

Hello,

I just upgraded from Vista Home Premium 32 bit to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
Before I did this I copied a massive number of files to a external USB drive.
Once I got W7 64 bit installed and opened the external drive, where I put all the files, I can't see the files.
The new W7 user is part of administrators.   Administrators has all permissions set.

When I tried to apply Administrator permissions to the entire external drive I get nothing.

How do I get my new W7 user to see all the files on the external drive?  On all my external drives?

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2018 Views 1,937 Applies to:
Answer

Hello,

I just upgraded from Vista Home Premium 32 bit to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
Before I did this I copied a massive number of files to a external USB drive.
Once I got W7 64 bit installed and opened the external drive, where I put all the files, I can't see the files.
The new W7 user is part of administrators.   Administrators has all permissions set.

When I tried to apply Administrator permissions to the entire external drive I get nothing.

How do I get my new W7 user to see all the files on the external drive?  On all my external drives?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried taking Ownership?
If you find my response helpful, please click on the "Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you! My Blog

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.