Why Does App Data Folder Have 97GB?

My brand new computer (running Windows 7 Professional) shows that I have used 272GB.  My user name accounts for 192 GB.  My music takes up 95GB, but I could not figure out what else could be chewing up a lot of space.  When I got to the folders within my user name, I see an App Data folder that says it has 97GB. Are there really 97GB in there, or is that pretty much a mirror of my music and other files I have?  If not, where are the 95GB that I can't account for?  I have looked at all other folders under my user name, but don't see any others that have even 1 GB in them.  I am guessing it must be a duplication of my music somewhere, but I cannot find it.  I would really like to free up that disk space.

Question Info

Last updated June 9, 2018 Views 14,429 Applies to:
Answer
Yes, I had.  It is filled with File Folders for Microsoft, Google, HP, and others.  I have put the cursor over all of them, and don't see anything with any size, or related to music.  I am pretty good in working with software, but when it comes to technical issues like this, I am lost.  Any suggestions on what to look for in there?  

The Appdata folder should have three sub-folders. Local, Low and Roaming.
One of those MUST have some enormous amount of data in it.
Right-click on each folder and do Properties to narrow it down, then open the offending folder and do the same until you hace identifiede what's taking up all the space..
If you find my response helpful, please click on the "Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you! My Blog

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.