2 c: drives in Explorer

I seem to have 2 almost identical C: drives on my laptop, which previously had both Vista and Win7 on it, and now only has Win7.  They're both called "Win 7 (C:)". 
The first appears under Computer (which is under Desktop) and has 45,454,684,160 bytes of data and the tabs under it are: General, Tools, Harware, Sharing, Security, Previous Versions, Quota.
Then, (under Desktop) I have D: and E: drives, Network, Control Panel,Recycle Bin, followed by the 2nd C: drive.  This has 45,454,704,640 bytes, and the tabs are General, Tools, Harware, and Previous Versions.
I can access any folder and file through either C: drive icon, with the only difference that if I click on a folder in the first C:, it opens a new Explorer window, while if I click on a folder in the 2nd C:, it opens in the same window (which is how I like it).
Why is this the case?  Any help to get rid of one of these (and have folders open in the same Window) would be much appreciated.

TIA.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2018 Views 1,568 Applies to:
Answer

Hello bearspa,

How long have you had this issue?

-       Check if there is a shortcut created for the other C drive.

-       Also check if there are 2 C drives showing up in the Disk Management. To go to disk management, follow the below steps:

1.     Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.     In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

-       Right click on the drive and see either of the drives have a delete option or not.

Get back to us with the results.

Regards,

Savan – Microsoft Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.