folder picture customization

i have windows 7 professional running upgraded from xp home. we have music on an external hard drive and on the computer. on both the external and the internal hard drive all our folders we had customized with the cd cover on the folder. it stayed present on them for about 3 weeks then out of no where most of the customizations fell off. this has happened with xp twice and now with windows 7 pro. i have been searching to figure this out and am at a loss. i really like the way the folders look with the cd cover on them, but dont want to constantly fix them. i have over 800 folders with cd covers on them. i need help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 383 Applies to:
Answer
There is a registry setting to control how many folders Windows will remember settings for, but i believe the limit is 100.  It will eventually trim off the folder customized as long ago.

As an alternative, I'd suggest trying the incredibly improved Windows 7 Media Player, which builds its own cover database for browsing and is simply beautiful.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.