Question

Q: File Download Search in folder This thread is locked from future replies

I Use Windows 7 Ultimate. FireFox Latest version

I download music preview files, alot and i want to find a way to better short my file  during download.

e.g. Axwell - Take this ( DJ Remix )
That is a song name.
I have a Music Folder with many subfolders ( their name are based from source of download or genre )
my problem now is a have multiple ''double'' /  alot of same songs in different folders, which take too much hdd space.

When I click download, i have a pop up window, ask for ''Save As'' it direct me to my music folder, now i can see if i already own the file if it's written exactly the same (ask to replace file). But when I am into a subfolder i dont know if i already have it in music main folder or another music subfolder. ( lets say, Im into c:/music/electro , i want to know if i already have that song in c:/music/house or c:/music or all subfolder in music without having to look every folder before download.)

Do you understand my request ?
Is their such feature in windows 7 ?

Answer

A:

Don't think the function you're looking for is available in Win7. It would be very handy if it was. But I think you may have an option.... instead of worrying where you saved it,  you can use the Library function to keep track of for your Music files, and use the sorting cababilities to keep track of your files and find duplicates. Since Windows can use the Album name, or artist, title, or lable and you can add our comments (say source) and rating too, you can sort your files by say Album name. Then you can see if you have duplicates. The Library really is a great way to keep track of things.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 383 Last updated: February 27, 2018 Applies to: