Recycle Bin Access Denied

I have created an "E" partition on my new Win 7 computer. Everything is fine until I try to delete any file from this partition. Whenever I delete a file from here, I get the following message:

Recycle Bin Access Denied

[filename] can't be moved to the Recycle Bin.

Do you want to permanently delete it?

I can delete the item permanently, but I would rather use the Recycle Bin.

This does not occur anywhere else but in the "E" partition. I have no problem deleting to the Recycle Bin or emptying it.

Can anyone suggest a fix???

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 8, 2018 Views 4,204 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!

Try deleting the files in safe mode and check if you get the same message or not. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. If an existing problem doesn't reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers as possible causes.

Steps to boot in safe mode

1.      Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

2.      Click the Start button, click the arrow next to the Lock button, and then click Restart.

3.      Do one of the following:

a.       If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and   hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before   the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then   shutting down and restarting your computer.

b.      If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

4.      On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press ENTER.

For more information about options, see ‘Advanced startup options’ (including safe mode with networking).

5.      Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

6.      When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of the display. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

For more details follow the link given below

What is safe mode?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-safe-mode

You may also run an online virus scan to check if the computer is affected with any virus\malware.

Refer to the suggestions in the link given below.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistasecurity/thread/ba80504b-61f1-4d71-960f-b561798b7b42

Also check the link given below which describes the same issue.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistafiles/thread/2ce9b755-d618-42e7-b8f0-79bea51880b4

Hope this information is helpful.

Amrita M

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.