Missing storage files in LiveMail

We ecently upgraded to Windows 7 and things were running smoothly until today when our Storage Files disappeared.  This has happened before but I simply had to click on Edit > Move to Folder and this caused the Move box to appear with the list of the storage files.  Now this doesn't happen any more and I have no idea how to get the storage list and the files contained therein back to their rightful place.  The settings in Layout for Storage Files show to display them.  We have not changed our Security in any way.  Any help gratefully appreciated.

Helpless Hannah

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2018 Views 5,458 Applies to:
Answer

My storeageS folder  are gone. Oh the ones like sent, drafts and deleted are there. (all empty)

Opening the drop down menu has a choice of options.

None of them show tools or any other thing tha might get my folder back.

I have the storage folders highlighted in the view choice but none of my NAMED folders are shown.

This is great WINDOWS 7        WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT.

FIX IT.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

We ecently upgraded to Windows 7 and things were running smoothly until today when our Storage Files disappeared.  This has happened before but I simply had to click on Edit > Move to Folder and this caused the Move box to appear with the list of the storage files.  Now this doesn't happen any more and I have no idea how to get the storage list and the files contained therein back to their rightful place.  The settings in Layout for Storage Files show to display them.  We have not changed our Security in any way.  Any help gratefully appreciated.

Helpless Hannah

Hi Hannah

In Windows Live Mail, select Tools/Options/Advanced Tab.

Click the Maintenance button.

In the next window, select the Store Folder button.

The resulting dialog box should show the path to the folder where the files are stored. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to that location.

If you need more help with this, please post your question to the Live Mail Client Forums.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.