Question

Q: Cant Delete Folder - Folder Access Denied.

Folder Access Denied

Youll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder

Continue     Skip     Cancel

- I click continue and i get:

Folder Access Denied

You require permission from Laptop/Chris to make changes to this folder

Try again     Cancel

- I am laptop\Chris!! (my username is Chris on the login screen so i presume i am laptop/chris). Why the ____ do i have to have permission to do something on my own ____ computer? it's my computer!! Im a newbe when it comes to windows 7... Windows 95,98,98SE,ME,2000,XP im more advanced in, with Vista im slighly there..

I have tried numerous attempts at the pissy/silly take ownership thing but it seems to have failed. The message i get up when applying the new settings is:

Error Applying Security Information To :

C:\Users\................

Access Is Denied

This is rather frustrating - am I doing something wrong? Would someone please provide SIMPLE, easy to follow, accurate steps to take ownership and provide me with a solution or better, a fix, if this dosnt work?

Thanks, Chris

Answer

A:

hi thankyou for your reply, the full path of the folder is C:\Users\Chris\Music\The Number 1 Drum And Bass Album (2008). It is not a shortcut and i havnt upgraded from a previous version of windows. I bought a brand new laptop and it came with the version of windows 7 i am using. the folder is a music album that i downloaded from bittorrent and couldnt get the songs to list properly in my music library in windows media player - so i wanted to get rid of it. This is a 3 CD album so the folder contained 3 subfolders CD1 CD2 CD3. When i highlighted the main folder and attempted to delete it, all of the music from the three subfolders and two of the subfolders themselves (CD2 CD3) deleted but just left one subfolder (CD1) with no contents. Then the message file access denied..... etc appeared. This is odd? or is it me?

Thankyou

Chris

This does seem to happen from time to time. Try booting into Safe Mode and see if you can delete it there...
If you find my response helpful, please click on the "Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!My Blog

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

29 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 9,675 Last updated: June 19, 2018 Applies to: