Cannot acces document, xls

Hi,

I have a new computer, and i try to open an excel file out my email, its zipped, when i try open it says>>

Cannot acces the document C:?users/tilo/appdata?data...?a7672.xls.

The document may already open or it may be read only document.

The name and path may be invalid the document may no longer exist or

it may be open. If you run works from a nnetwork yoiu may have to wait until someone ele closes works.

and another pop up says , > Cannot change the document C:?users etc..xls. The document is read only or is open by another user or application. to change this file save it with differenty filename.

I try to change it to another name but it doesnt work. On my other computer i can open it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Alot again!! :)

Tilo

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 766 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

a. Are you able to open the other saved .xls files successfully?
b. Could you provide us the exact error message with error code?

Method1.
Try saving the file on a different location and check if you are able to open the file.

Method 2.
Also clear the cache and temporary files and then download the attachment and then open it.

To determine whether a performance issue or an error message is caused by corruption in the temporary Internet files or in other cached information that is used by Internet Explorer, you must clear cached data.
To do this, follow these steps.
1.      Open Internet Explorer.
2.      Click Safety, and then click Delete Browsing History.
3.      In Delete Browsing History area, click Delete.

Method 3.
If the issue still exists follow the troubleshooting steps.
Please check whether you face the same issue while working in the safe mode with Networking.
1. Restart your computer.
2. When the computer starts you will see your computer's hardware being listed. When you see this information start to gently  tap the F8 key on your keyboard repeatedly until you are presented with the Windows Vista Advanced Boot Options screen.
3. Using the arrow keys, select the Safe Mode with Networking option.
4. Then press the enter key on your keyboard to boot into Windows 7 Safe Mode with Networking.
5. When Windows starts, use Internet explorer and check if the issue still persists.

If the issue does not exist in Safe Mode perform Clean Boot troubleshooting to find the root cause of   the issue:
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: When the troubleshooting is over do not forget to reset the computer to normal startup. Follow the step 7 in the above article.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards,
Shekhar Sharma

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.