Question

Q: How do I get Classic Folder Icons Back?

How can I get back the folder icons from windows xp?  I need my folder icons to be flat square folders, which I can customize with one photo from inside the folder shown on the front?  These open folders sitting sideways with documents and pictures falling out, are driving me crazy.  I work with thousands of photos every day and need a quick simple way to identify what is inside each folder.  Now I have to spend hours opening each folder and looking through the photos...such a waste of time.  Why is such a simple folder icon gone in Windows 7?  I need it back!

Answer

A:

Periwinkleblue,

Hello, I’m afraid that changing the file displayed/icon would be the closest choices for customizing the folder in the way you would like, short of possible third party tweaks.

If this is a feature you would like reinstated, please leave your suggestion at Windows 7 Feedback.

Lisa
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Try making the icons larger to accommodate the picture.  For example:

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 8,515 Last updated: June 9, 2018 Applies to: