Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.

Hi, everyone. Since I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium, I had problems with an error message displayed when I start my computer. The error message is saying, as in the title, "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.". After one minute, the computer is forced to restart, it suddenly closes, without any "Windows is shutting down" message. The problem appears really often, I mean it doesn't appear every time I start my computer. I don't know what to do, it's really annoying.

I found a microsoft forum, when someone posted an article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976586/) when it was said something about "How to enable the Do not require Kerberos preauthentication account option", but I didn't understand how to do this. If someone can help me, please do it, every response is welcome. (Sorry my poor english, I'm still studying - romanian).

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2019 Views 225,332 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi again! I managed t solve the problem myself, using Kaspersky Rescue CD 10. It was the Win32/Trojan.Shutdowner virus and rootkit causing this error. I think this is the solution to all who have this problem. Download and burn to CD the kav rescue ISO image from http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso. Do a full system scan booting from the disc you created. Remove all found infection, including that stupid annoying rootkit, and you're done! At least it worked for me! Thank you again to all who tried to help me!

469 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.