Windows 7 - Open Programs dialog box flashes constantly on screen?

I am having a seriously disabling problem with my computer.

The "open program dialog box" pops up over and over again and will not stop.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

I have upgraded every possible driver, updated everything, ran virus & malware checks - still no help.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Signature Series 32bit, and have had no issues at all up until a week ago when this started out of no where. I feel it must be some type of keyboard shortcut glitch that I activated...but not sure on that either. It makes the machine unuseable because it steals the clicks for anything to interact with the dialog box popping up. I also run Vipre and Malware Bytes and follow strong security practices and keep things tidy.

I thank you in advance for your considerations and advice.

Answer
Answer
After much frustration and digging through the entire system, redoing drivers, removing software, scans for malware, viruses, rootkits, loggers, etc., trying different hardware - it appears to be from the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 v2 !

I removed the Win7 drivers and reinstalled them and the issue stayed, but I plugged in a wired Basic Microsoft Optical Mouse 1.0a and the issue is gone.

This is a very strange issue, as the mouse was used from day one with this machine. I suspected my Lazer Lycosa keyboard over the mouse (because the mouse is a Microsoft product), but sure enough...20 minutes of use and no crazy pop-ups.

With this info, does any suggestions as to how this is possible? Could my wireless router be playing with the mouse signal?

Just curious as to the "how" part of this strange occurrence.

Thanks!
M.I.C.A. ~ Machine Information Consulting Alliance

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 31, 2019 Views 2,096 Applies to: