Windows 7 keeps changing my time!

And that screws up my TV watching and recording.  It's very annoying. 

I've seen the problem here with Vista (though my husband's laptop with Vista never does it) and the only answer relates to the time changing on boot and having to do with the BIOS.

Well, my Dell computer with Windows 7 will change time even when it's left on and I checked the BIOS.  The BIOS has the right time.  When I noticed it tonight (it didn't record Survivor), Win7 said it was 3am.  It was 9:15pm.  I shut down the computer and checked the BIOS: 9:15pm.

I've even set this to automatically update every 4 hours. How did it get to be 3am? 

Will there be a patch for this Win7 problem?  I've tried turning off autosync, changing servers.  And for awhile it stayed solid but then changed again!

Gabina

MSDST

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2019 Views 248,712 Applies to:
Answer
Does Windows 7 have perhaps a bad UTC offset setting?  Perhaps it is calculating the time incorrectly because of that.  Check your Timezone and (less obviously) your Regional settings in Control Panel.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

165 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.