Windows 7, how to customize windows 7 explorer toolbar?

I read other user question to you upgrading from XP to windows 7. I did upgrade to windows 7 after using XP many years.

In XP if I wanted to add for example X delete button to windows explorer by right click I could add or remove buttons. Here at windows 7 I don’t see the option and in order to delete I have to work with the mouse.

The three answers you gave to other user you are explaining about the task bar how to customize it.

Please try to point me how to do the customize explorer (not internet explorer).

Thank you,

Answer
Answer

I read other user question to you upgrading from XP to windows 7. I did upgrade to windows 7 after using XP many years.

In XP if I wanted to add for example X delete button to windows explorer by right click I could add or remove buttons. Here at windows 7 I don’t see the option and in order to delete I have to work with the mouse.

The three answers you gave to other user you are explaining about the task bar how to customize it.

Please try to point me how to do the customize explorer (not internet explorer).

Thank you,

Hi

Some of the old style standard buttons were moved or removed starting with Windows Vista.

Most of the XP options are still there, such as the Back and Forward buttons, Address Bar, and Search, in the top row.

The Up Button is gone, but you can use either the Bread Crumb in the Address Bar or the Backspace key. You can also see the full path to the current location in the Address Bar by clicking an empty spot.

The View menu drop down is also still there on the right side of the new toolbar, next to the Preview Pane and Help buttons.

You can also permanently display the old style Menu Bar by selecting Organize/Layout and placing a check mark in the Menu Bar item. Optionally, you can press the Alt Key to temporarily display the menu bar.

The Task Pane has also been deprecated. Most of the other button functions you mentioned are available on the right click context menu.

The newer Toolbar is Dynamic and will show the most commonly used option buttons, depending on the location and type of folder/file that is selected.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP – Windows Desktop Experience
MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2020 Views 24,587 Applies to: