Why does my Windows 7 theme keep changing everytime I reboot?

I have recently purchased an Acer Ferrari One notebook with pre-installed Windows 7. I have personalised the Windows 7 theme however every time I switch off the settings reset to the default desktop background when I switich it back on. The other settings remain the same such as the sounds, screensaver and window colour, but why does my desktop background keep changing? I have saved the theme I created and continually delete the default one that the laptop keeps creating automatically. How do I get this to stop? Is there any way I can make my chosen theme the default?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2018 Views 54,281 Applies to:
Answer
I experienced the same issue, but this resolved it for me. 

Go to regedit > HKEY_Current_User > Software > Microsoft > Windows > DWM

Once in DWM, right click a blank area within it and create two new DWORD (32) as named below. 

Blur 

Animations 

Once these are added, right click them and click modify to ensure the value is set to 0. Afterwards, open cmd (command prompt) as administrator.  - Windows 7 users can quickly open as administrator by typing cmd in the search box within the start menu and then Shift + Right click the command promt > Open as administrator

net stop uxsms

net start uxsms

Once those are done, open the start menu and right click computer > Properties, 

Go to Advanced System Settings. Under the advanced tab, click Settings under Performance. Change the default to Custom, and then hit apply and okay. 

You may need to uncheck one list item to hit apply, but recheck it after hitting apply the first time and then recheck the list item again and hit apply. This will keep the computer from changing it from Custom to "Let windows choose what's best for my computer". 

This will fix the issue. Sounds like a lot to do but it really isn't and is easy. 

30 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Hey, I have had the same problem and this morning I went into the programs and features section and found a program called 'Acer Ferrari Wallpaper' Uninstall this program and it will be fine. Hope it works the same for you as it did for me.

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.