Unable to get full screen display from windows 7 on my monitor

Hi

I am unable to get my desktop display to fill the screen ,i have a new install of win7 64 bit Os and the latest ccc for my new graphics card .

Any ideas?

Answer
Answer

Hi

I am unable to get my desktop display to fill the screen ,i have a new install of win7 64 bit Os and the latest ccc for my new graphics card .

Any ideas?

Hi

Resolution, Aspect Ratio & Black Bars! How to stretch screen?:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/85d77ff8-738a-4e1d-aff2-f837894d6194

1. Open the Catalyst Control Center.

2. Use the drop down box at the top to click on Desktops and Displays

3. At the bottom of the window, click on the little black arrow on the monitor and select Configure.

4. This will bring up the settings for that display.  The settings shown will depend on the version of the Catalyst software that is installed. You should see one or more of the following options.

Full Screen.

Maintain aspect ratio.

Scale image to full panel size.

Select one of the options and click Apply to see the result. If the first option does not work, select the others in turn, clicking Apply on each option.

Note: If the options are grayed out, exit and try lowering the display resolution on the monitor. Check the options again.

Let us know the result.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

36 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Sumnerkagen,  

Method 1

Check if the screen resolution on the computer is set correctly if it’s not then try below steps and check.

To change your screen resolution

a)   Open Screen Resolution by clicking the  Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under  Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

b)   Click the drop-down list next to  Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click  Apply.

c)    Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click  Revert to go back to the previous resolution. 

Change your screen resolution

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Change-your-screen-resolution 

Method 2

If the above step fails then install the latest driver update for the video card on the computer by visiting its manufacturer website.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Hope this helps!

Halima S   - Microsoft Support.

Visit our  Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

16 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 5, 2020 Views 135,713 Applies to: