TrueType fonts in Windows 7 - where are they?

So... how does one go abut 'installing' TrueType fonts in Windows 7 and ACTUALLY have them "show up" when I need them?
We have a particular font style we've used virtually forever (since Windows 95, actually) that now does NOT appear as a font selection even though I have (apparently) 'installed' the font into this brand new computer that is running Windows 7 Pro... 
I 'navigated' to the location on our server where this font is 'stored' - "right-clicked" on it and selected "install" - and Windows 7 SAYS it has installed it - yet I am not able to select it from within Word 2007.
Attempting to repeat this, it says it IS installed and "do I want to replace it" - so, OK, let's try it again.. "yes, replace"... but still not available anywhere in my PC.
So.... What's 'the secret' in getting this TTF to 'appear' when I need it??
|
Answer
Answer
Copy and paste the old font into Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts if you don't see it there.
However, if you right-clicked and chose install - did you get an "Installing Fonts" window popping up?
If so, it does copy the file in there.

If Word doesn't see it, that is a different matter. I am sure it uses the default location for its list.
VP Tech Services
VP Tech Services

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2020 Views 46,998 Applies to: