traynotify missing

traynotify  registry key is missing. I am running windows 7 home premium. how do I restore it?

Question Info

Last updated June 1, 2018 Views 1,863 Applies to:

Hi Ronald,

1. Are you referring to the following registry key?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify

2. Are the Tray Notifications missing?

3. Were there any changes (hardware or software) made to the computer prior to the issue?

Reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Have a Nice Day!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem with this new installation of win 7.  answers are:

1) yes

2) yes

3) no

Sorry this didn't help.

Am also going through the same problem...Tray Notify is missing... now how to restore it back.

Sorry this didn't help.

I found another blog on how to do than  and followed their procedure and it worked.  I have forgotten where that link is.  Let me look....  I think I used this register edit to remove some tray icons that were no longer active.  http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-customize-windows-7-notification-area-system-tray.htm   it has to do with removing a line entry in the registry and stopping and starting explorer and in the process of a new explorex coming back up it rebuilds a new set of trey items which do not have the old ones that you didn't want.  Look around and I think you will see that others are doing this.  It worked for me.

Sorry this didn't help.