transparencies no longer works windows 7 home 64 bit. can someone help?

I can change my themes but the transparencies page is no longer accessible.  I am not sure what I did to make this happen.  I realized that all I get is the default windows blue color for folders, toolbars, word doc; that sort of think.  I have tried to change the colors in personalize but it will always go back to light blue and white.  Can anyone help me.  I really hate the baby blue and white.

If you have Updated your Windows then uninstall the Platform Update for Windows 7 (KB2670838) and your problem should be resolved.
Before I Updated my Windows this month I just checked whether Microsoft is still offering this update. It was there in the Optional list. I have IE9 installed so I thought of manually upgrading it to IE10 because it was not in the Update list. So I did manually and after that checked for updates again and to my surprise this Update disappeared completely. I have a Old PC as well and after installing all updates I still don't have any problem so far. I recommend that you upgrade to IE10 after uninstalling this update (if you did update with this and faced problem) to get rid of the update forever. But do this at your own risk because I never updated my machine with this faulty update and see if that caused any problem with my machine.
KSK!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried the suggestion sent to me, but unfortunately it did not help in my case. Thank you very much for your effort.  I truly appreciate it.  My search is not over yet.
C. Hickman

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 30 Applies to: