This program cannot display the webpage.. Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address. etc....
This message appears on my desktop everytime I use my computer. I can't close it, can't minimize it, and it's right in the middle of my screen. I run task manager to see if I have programs running and I do not. This started about a week after getting windows
7. I even tried a system restore right after it happened and that didn't fix it. I'm not sure what program is attemtping to run or why this message is coming up. How can I get rid of this so I can actually see my desktop background. Help
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
There is a built in Troubleshooter in Windows 7 Operating which will most of the issues.
Windows 7 – Troubleshooters
Method 1: To run Internet Explorer Troubleshooter, follow these steps:
1. Close all programs.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. 3. Under System and Security, click Find and fix problems. 4. On the task pane on the left, click View All. 5. Click Internet Explorer Performance. This opens a new window.
6. Click Next.
The troubleshooter will run and fix all identified issues automatically. Click Close.
After the troubleshooter has successfully run, try to browse to the Internet again.
Method 2: Use the Delete Browsing History feature
Deleting your browsing history might help. Follow these steps to remove your temporary Internet files, history, and form data:
Internet Explorer 8
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. 3. Under Browsing history, click Delete. 4. Select the check box next to Preserve Favorites website data. 5. Select the check box next to Temporary Internet Files. 6. Select the check box next to Cookies. 7. Select the check box next to History. 8. Select the check box next to Form data.
9. Select the check box next to InPrivate Filtering data.
10. At the bottom of window, click Delete.
Close Internet Explorer, start Internet Explorer again, and then try to access the Web page.
If the above methods do not resolve the issue, you may follow the Advanced troubleshooting steps given in this link:
You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"