The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compataible with Direct3D. (Desktop-Dell 560ST). Unable to install Video Card 512 MB. Please help... :(

The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compataible with Direct3D. (Desktop-Dell 560ST). Unable to install Video Card 512 MB. Please help... :(

In my OS Windows 7 (Ultimate), my screen saver is not working showing upper error.

Answer
Answer

Hi Buddhu1985,

This issue occurs even though the video card is capable of running the screen saver and is compatible with Direct3D. So, you do not have to install a video card. All you need to do is to apply the hotfix given in the link below that will fix the issue.

Error message when you set the screen saver to a 3D screen saver in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2: "The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct3D"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2159238

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit ourMicrosoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

93 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 8, 2021 Views 56,478 Applies to: