The properties for this item are not available.

I have Windows 7 32bit. This problem just showed up about one week ago. I have been running Win7 for a month and a half. When  start the computer and the computer finishes booting, the desktop has a small error window open with a message in the box saying: The properties for this item are not available. I don't know where to start to find the problem. In the upper left corner of the box it does say Desktop. I tried booting to safe mode and the error message is not there. I have some text from the my path and I have a picture of the box captured by using snipping tool. I can't get any information on the box by right or left clicking it. What should I try next to to stop this box from appearing? If I click ok the box goes away and as far as I can tell everything is fine. Also, I did a sfc /scannow and the report was all file accounted for.
|
Answer
Answer

The answer to my question came from a fellow over at PCsoft or freepctech.com. Mr Vandervoort suggested the problem was in my Admin Tools or my start up folder. There was a dead link in my start up folder. Error message solved. Mahalo.

87 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 21, 2021 Views 22,548 Applies to: