Question

The computer did not resync because the required time was change to big

Abdul Ghani Arif asked on
Hello,
Original title:Time syncronization issue in Windows 7 ultimate.
I have problem with computer clock, I did lost of research but unable to find solution.
I bought a HP xw8600 Workstation off the lease server from Kijiji and installed Windows 7 ultimate. 
My clock is losing time for which I already tried following options.

1. I changed the COMS battery - did not work
2. I upgrade BIS version - Did not work.
3. I try to implement interim solution by schedule a task to synchronize at the time of startup. using following two commands
net start w32time
w32tm /resync.
in doing this I found that I can't run these command I have to run these as administrator, I am able to run these command in a command window (only if I open cmd window using option "run s administrator" . any how I create script but and create a short cut of that script set run as administrator, when I double click the short cut it work but do not work in task scheduler. After that I became busy in some other work and came back to this issue, now the script give me this error  "I am getting The computer did not resync because the required time was change to big." 

So there are lost of issue, Please advice the yes optimal solution of this problem.

Thanks 

11 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Arya S Asok replied on
Hi,

Method 1:
You may synchronize the computer clock with an Internet time server. This means that the clock on your computer is updated to match the clock on the time server, which can help ensure that the clock on your computer is accurate. Your clock is typically updated once a week and needs to be connected to the Internet for the synchronization to occur.
1. Open Date and Time by clicking theStart button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Date and Time.
2. Click theInternet Time tab, and then click Change settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Select the check box next toSynchronize with an Internet time server, select a time server, and then clickOK.
Note
If your computer is on a domain, you can't synchronize your clock with an Internet time server.

Method 2:
I would also suggest you to check if the time zone settings on your computer have been set according to your current location.
You may refer to the below link to adjust the time zones properly -
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Set-the-clock
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Dylan Nicholson replied on
w32tm /resync /force

112 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress