Screen help

I tried to change the screen resolution on my desktop because it was wrong, but then the screen went Black and the message that comes up is blue and says:

"1: Auto Detect (Analog Input) Out of range signal. Cannot display this video mode, change computer display input to 1680x1050@60Hz"

But I can't do anything. The mouse and keyboard aren't doing anything and the same message keeps coming up when I reset the computer. 

What do I do? 

Answer
Answer

See if you can change the screen resolution back to what you originally used by booting in Safe Mode.

Start your computer in safe mode
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

1.Remove all  CDs /DVDs / Unnecessary USB devices from your computer, and then restart your computer.

2.Do one of the following:
If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.
You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears.

If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system,
use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

3.On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter.

4.Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

You can also try "Last known good ...."

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 24, 2020 Views 984 Applies to: